- Attend pre-certification informational session – register on the Events Page
- Complete application
- Submit all requested documentation
Certification Application Process
The Certification Application is completed via the NMSDC Central online portal.
- The application process will take about fifteen (15) minutes to complete. You will be requested to upload required documents based on your business structure.
- A document entitled ”Declaration of Minority Status” is required to be downloaded, signed and then uploaded to complete your application.
- All payments must be made online.
- Initial Certification Application Fee is $500 and $350 for Re-certification each year. Subscription Services for certified MBEs from affiliate councils outside of Georgia is $500.
- Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Please click here for a detailed explanation of the certification process.
To become a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with the Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council, your business must meet the following pre-eligibility requirements:
- Your business owned, operated AND controlled by 51% ethnic minority owners.
- Ethnic minority owner(s) who make up 51% or greater ownership of the business are U.S. Citizens
- Ethnic minority owner(s) hold majority ownership in the business, hold the highest executive titled position within the company: (i.e., CEO, President, Chairman, etc)?
- Your company headquartered in Georgia.
- Your company is a “for profit” business. Non-Profit organizations do not qualify for certification.