The Subscription Service allows certified MBEs access to resources from other regional affiliate councils of the NMSDC network.
As of January 1, 2014, MBEs no longer need to obtain reciprocal certification to do business with a national member in another state or NMSDC region. Previously, for reciprocal services to be initiated between the home certifying Regional Minority Supplier Development Council (RMSDC) and the affiliate approached for reciprocal service, a reciprocal service form was completed using the Affiliate Portal (AP).
Now, the RMSDC will provide subscription services to certified MBEs in good standing with their home certifying affiliate. The AP is being configured to allow subscriptions to be provided to those certified MBEs who wish to receive services over and above those provided with a basic certification. The certified MBE will not have to provide proof of certification from their home certifying RMSDC.
What is a subscription?
A subscription is an agreement to receive or be given access to affiliate products or services, such as:
- Access to top corporate purchasing agents
- Premium business connection outings and networking events
- Regional or industry-specific newsletters
- Vital introductions to national corporate members
- Specialized procurement conferences & Trade Fairs
- Supplier Diversity summits and roundtable discussions
- Professional development fellowships
- Mentor-Protégé pairings and other educational or development programs
- Technical and/or financial assistance and support
Each affiliate council will have a set of subscription services to offer certified MBEs that choose to do business in another service area. The services will be accessed using the affiliate council website or existing AP, as either a bundle of services or on a pay-as-you go basis. Some services will be specific to a dominant industry or will be unique to the region or market in the service area. Other services will be based on the ability to provide specialized services, such as office rental or technology support.
The 23 NMSDC Affiliate Regional Councils will provide the following Standard Services for certified minority business enterprises (MBEs) without additional charge:
- Certification process
- Post-certification briefing
- Inclusion in and access to the NMSDC supplier Database
- Discounted fees for registration at NMSDC national events
- Eligibility for participation in NMSDC development programs